ASSUMPTION OF RISK, IDEMNITY, RELEASE, AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY FORM
- Children – children under the age of 18 years old.
- Form – this assumption of risk, indemnity, release, and waiver of liability form;
- Treasure Hunt – each particular TREASURE HUNT EPIC QUEST game you participate in;
- Official Rules – TREASURE HUNT EPIC QUEST official rules located at https://treasurehuntepicquest.com/rules;
- Organizers – Golden Rush, Limited Liability Co., its officers, directors, members, managers, representatives, officials, principals, owners, licensees, franchisees, agents, affiliates and/or employees, subsidiaries and/or assigns, as well as their independent contractors, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, volunteers and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct Treasure Hunt.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in Treasure Hunt, I acknowledge, covenant and agree that:
- The risk of injury, illness–including that of COVID-19 and any others, disability and/or death from the activities involved in the Treasure Hunt is significant including, but not limited to the following: (i) sprains; (ii) strains; (iii) fractures; (iv) burns, cuts and tears; (v) bruises; (vi) heat and cold injuries; (vii) various water-related injuries, including but not limited to drowning; (viii) over-use syndrome; (ix) accidents and/or injuries involving vehicles; (x) animal and/or insect bites and or/stings; (xi) contact with poisonous plants; (xii) accidents and/or injury involving, but not limited to falling, slipping, sliding, running, travel by boat, truck car or other convenience; (xiii) heart attack; (xiv) potential for permanent paralysis and/or death; (xv) illness; (xvi) those risks created by other Treasure Hunt participants; (xvii) I understand that the Treasure Hunt activities may be dangerous and could cause bodily harm, illness, injury, or death to myself and/or others and that I am not in any way required to participate, but am choosing to of my own free will; (xviii) those risks due to defects or conditions of or at the Treasure Hunt. While particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risk of death, illness–including that of COVID-19 and others, disability or injury does exist.
- AFTER OPPORTUNITY TO FULLY INFORM MYSELF ABOUT THE TREASURE HUNT, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL SUCH RISKS, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, and assume full responsibility and all risks of all nature for my participation in Treasure Hunt.
- I further agree to waive and relinquish all claims I may have (or which may accrue to me) as a result of participating in these activities against Organizers.
- I agree to abide by any decision of a Treasure Hunt official relative to my ability to safely complete Treasure Hunt, which decision is at the sole discretion of such Treasure Hunt official and I agree lack of a decision does not create any liability or waiver thereof whatsoever.
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and/or next of kin, forever WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE and COVENANT NOT TO SUE Organizers, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, ILLNESS, INCAPACITY, DAMAGES, EXPENSES, DEATH, and/or loss or damage to person or property incurred by me in connection with participation in Treasure Hunt. I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Organizers from any loss, liability, cost, claim or damages arising from my participation in or association with Treasure Hunt.
- I attest and verify that I am over 18 years old, am free from all illnesses, injuries and defects that could interfere with my safe participation in Treasure Hunt and that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in all activities associated with Treasure Hunt. My participation in Treasure Hunt is entirely voluntary. I further certify and represent that on the date of Treasure Hunt I will possess and be covered by medical/health insurance, individually or as part of an organization. I understand and agree that no Children are permitted to participate in Treasure Hunt unless their parent or guardian participates in Treasure Hunt in one Team with them.
- I attest and verify that if any Children I am the parent or guardian of participate in Treasure Hunt, we participate in one Team. I assume all risks and hazards incidental to Children's participation in Treasure Hunt, and I hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify and agree to hold harmless Organizers for any injury to Children I am the parent or guardian of and from any and all claims, causes of actions, obligations, lawsuits, charges, complaints, controversies, covenants, agreements, promises, damages, costs, expenses, responsibilities, of whatsoever kind, nature or description, whether, direct or indirect, in law or in equity, in contract or in tort, or otherwise, whether known or unknown, from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of or connected with my Children's participation in Treasure Hunt. I consent to the foregoing and grant permission for him/her to participate in Treasure Hunt. I assume full and complete liability and this Form.
- I consent to administration of first aid and other medical treatment and transportation in Treasure Hunt of any injury or illness and hereby release and indemnify Organizers from any and all liability or claims arising out of such treatment. This release extends to any liability arising out of, or in any way connected with the medical treatment and/or transportation.
- I understand that Treasure Hunt subjects to multiple safety considerations and acts of God, which may cause cancellation with limited notice. Wind, rain, dry weather, and heat may cause delay, rescheduling, or cancellation. I understand under no circumstances am I entitled to a refund from Adventure Hunt for the delay, rescheduling, or cancellation that occurred due to acts of God.
- I acknowledge and verify that I may be dismissed from participation, without refund, if I break Official Rules, endanger the safety or negatively affect Treasure Hunt, a person, a facility or property of any type or kind.
- By entering Treasure Hunt, I consent to interview(s), photography, audio recording, and/or video recording of myself, and its release, publication, exhibition, reproduction, licensing, alteration, adaptation, exploitation, or other use, in any format or medium, now existing or hereafter created, and for any purpose, including but not limited to, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, publicity, and public relations by Organizers.
- I hereby irrevocably, absolutely and in perpetuity, grant unlimited permission to Organizers to film, videotape and record gratis the performance of the me and any Children I am the parent or guardian of participating in Treasure Hunt and subsequently to telecast, sell, distribute and otherwise utilize the same in whatever manner Organizers deem appropriate. Such permission includes without limitation granting the unlimited and irrevocable right to Organizers, without compensation of any kind to me, to own, use, publish, copyright, reproduce, sell, distribute, or broadcast my name, nickname, image, likeness, voice, photographs, videotapes, signature facsimile, or any other depiction of any kind of me or my likeness (collectively the “Materials”), in connection with or due to my participation in the Treasure Hunt, in any electronic or print format or media or format whatsoever, whether such format is now known or later developed. I acknowledge and agree that Organizers will have this unlimited right throughout the world but are under no obligation to utilize such Materials or to give credit or attribution to me.
- In consideration and in return for being allowed to participate in Treasure Hunt, I release Organizers from any liability and agree not to sue Organizers regarding my participation in Treasure Hunt that may be made by me, my family, estate, heirs or assigns.
- I have read, understand and agree to obey Official Rules and understand and agree that by breaking any part of it I may be disqualified from Treasure Hunt with my whole Team and take full and complete responsibility for my actions.
- I understand and agree that this is a complete release and discharge of all claims and rights I may have against Organizers and that no action will be taken by or on behalf of me with respect to any such rights. I understand that this release shall be binding upon my heirs, executors, executors, successors, and assigns.
- I understand and acknowledge that participation in Treasure Hunt is strictly personal and registration cannot be transferred. Participation in Treasure Hunt will be deemed full agreement to each and every term of this waiver of liability and release.
- I am at least 18 years old, OR I am under the age of 18 and in addition to me my parent or guardian has reviewed this waiver and consented to its terms.
I understand, acknowledge and agree that if I am not at least 18 years old, I am not permitted to participate in Treasure Hunt unless I have my parent or guardian participating in one Team with me.
By electronic acknowledgment, I agree that I have read and fully understand this Form and Official Rules. The electronic acknowledgment shall substitute for and have the same legal effect as an original form signature.